How to Nominate by Proxy
As per the Co-operative's Rules, the following applies when voting by Proxy:
- To appoint a representative to vote on your behalf by proxy, you must let the Co-operative have a properly completed document in the form attached. Your representative does not need to be a Member. The document must reach the Co-operative by Friday 20 August 2021 (i.e. five days before the meeting on Wednesday 25 August 2021 as per Rule 23.1). [Please return it by hand to our office at 4 Kinclaven Avenue, Drumchapel, Glasgow G15 7SP, use this form online which will then need to be signed, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org].
- If there is any doubt about whether your representative has authority to vote, the Chairperson will decide and their decision will be final.
- To reverse your appointment of a representative, you must let the Co-operative have a properly completed document in the Cancellation of Proxy form attached. The document must be presented to the Co-operative before the meeting at which you no longer want to be represented convenes. Alternatively, if you declare yourself present before the meeting convenes, the appointment of a representative to vote on your behalf will automatically fall.
- The Chairperson will report to the meeting the details of any documents seeking to appoint a representative which have been received but which are not valid.
- Please note, you are responsible for ensuring that your representative attending the meeting on your behalf is aware of your voting intentions.
- The following Board Members have volunteered to act as proxy representatives for the Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 25 August 2021 at 6pm. If you wish to appoint your own representative e.g. your neighbour then please complete the form with their details.
- Helen Eakin
- Elspeth Kerr
- Josephine Barnshaw
- David O'Hara
- Andrew Loen